Monday, July 8, 2024

Walking and writing

Daily walks are more comfortable since I have been able to lace up my supportive athletic shoes. It is not easy and the right shoe is not secured as tightly as I would like but it makes a world of difference to walk in good shoes again. The daily goal is 10,000 steps on one excursion. So far I am able to accomplish around 9,000 steps in two outings but could probably do more with a little effort. Early morning is the best time to avoid this heat wave that is impacting us right now.

Sleeping has improved also with a combination of two pillows between my legs resulting in fewer wakeups and more comfort overall. I have been a bit impatient for my body to fully recover but, considering my age, it has been good.


Before temperatures reach into the 30's I take my morning coffee onto the balcony and do some journalling which often turns into mini stories. Random people appear on the page complete with tattoos, magical powers and hidden motives. It is similar to a blank canvas, eventually revealing an image that was not preplanned. I often think that these small vignettes should be developed into novels but my motivation is lacking to spend days, weeks and months in serious pursuit of an ending. It is more about the discovery of the characters than planning their future.


No comments:

Post a Comment