Monday, April 26, 2010

Kraft Dinner

Adrian offered to buy dinner for me while he was working a shift at Eastside Mario's last night. I had confessed to a dinner of Kraft Dinner the night before and assume that he was worried about my health!
I should go on record as testifying that there is nothing wrong with Kraft Dinner! It has always been a comfort food when you don't have the energy to concoct a gourmet pasta dish!

So, after five days of hospital visits, woven between sorting through junk in the basement, I realized that my exhausted body could not even manage to boil a pot of KD. Dragging myself into the Restaurant Bar, I plopped down and looked around. The hockey game had just started and I was surrounded by fifteen boisterous Canucks fans! Five TV screens over the Bar carried the same images. Beer flowed, shots were thrown back, curses and cheers alternated with goals scored. I watched Adrian pour, mix, wipe and banter behind the bar. Every now and then he would look up at the screens and yell "Come on boys!" What in the world was I doing there?! It felt like an hallucination gone wrong! Maybe a glass of red wine would help!

When the salad finally arrived, I ate it gratefully. When the mini pizza arrived, I ate one piece and decided that my psyche couldn't handle another minute of raucous noise. A quick hug to Adrian before a slow drive home.

No comments:

Post a Comment