Monday, April 25, 2011

45 years ago

This photo was taken 45 years ago when I visited my family in Ottawa for Easter. We are sitting in chronological order with me on the left(aged 21), then sisters Bobbi(14), Dorothy(10) and Tara(5).

I didn't realize during the visit that I was already pregnant with Mitch and that I would return by train to live in Ottawa during the latter part of my pregnancy. The train trip across Canada took three days and nights with a transfer of train cars in Winnipeg. During the trip I befriended a young boy who was travelling alone to Ontario for a summer vacation with his grandparents. I entertained him with drawings and shared meals with him. Last year, while comparing train experiences, I discovered that the boy became my youngest sister's husband. He remembered all the details of what I wore and how we spent time together! The world is indeed a small place! 

2 comments:

  1. you're kidding me??! that last story is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that story every time I hear it. Haven't seen this picture before! Love it!

    ReplyDelete