Sunday, October 30, 2011

The ongoing saga

It is almost ten weeks since my patient's leg was ripped open to insert a new knee. He continues to suffer from a variety of maladies caused by overcompensating with other body parts during his recovery. His left knee(also requiring knee replacement) has sidelined him twice, rendered him unable to walk and exercise for several days each time. His back muscles have ceased up on two separate occasions, keeping him horizontal. Now his left shoulder is screaming in complaint. I can't imagine what his recovery would have been like if he hadn't been a regular participant at our local gym!!

Meanwhile my nursing skills are showing signs of wearing thin. Each day I wake up and wonder what strange agony will visit his body today.

It is worth noting that the "new knee" is functioning really well. My patient assures me that we will be able to travel to Vancouver in November and on to Mexico in December. Time will tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment