Friday, February 24, 2012

Sacramadonnamablueski!


Sacramadonnamableuski!!! Try being in the 10th floor penthouse apartment, fast asleep, when the building fire alarm sounds!! Through my earplugs I tried to figure out what I was hearing. When I took the earplugs out, I thought that my eardrums would explode! I ran around the apartment trying to figure out if I was hearing the burglar alarm or the fire alarm. Returning to the bedroom, I managed to get my drugged husband into a sitting position and encouraged him to get dressed. We had to evacuate!! Could I smell smoke?? Out in the hallway I talked with our neighbour who was getting ready to leave. Back in the bedroom, John was trying to figure out how to get his socks on and I was trying to figure out how I was going to get him down 10 flights of stairs! Everyone knows that the elevator is deactivated during a fire alarm!!!! By now about five minutes had lapsed, my ears were seriously harmed and he still didn't have his socks on!!! I helped him to pull them on before returning to the hallway where the sound was as deafening as in the apartment. What should we take? I grabbed my purse, put on my jacket and shoes. Back in the bedroom John was still pantless and muttering that we should get out onto the balcony! That's when the alarm stopped. Back to the hallway again where our neighbour assured me that it was okay. "This has happened before, she said "last summer. Go back to bed!" My rational mind told me that she couldn't possibly know whether everything was okay or not...but...my irrational mind wanted relief...so...I got John desocked and into bed before watching the arrival of a single fire truck. The firemen rushed into the building and sauntered out about 20 minutes later. Go back to sleep???? Yeah, right!!!!

See that single tree on the top right??
That's us!!



No comments:

Post a Comment