Friday, March 30, 2012

The Drive

Today my sister and I took advantage of a sunny morning 
to saunter down Commercial Drive 
and admire the many beautiful murals. 
The Drive used to be an Italian neighbourhood 
but has transformed into an eclectic mix of ethnic diversity, 
reflected in the markets, cafes, restaurants and shops.




Today I was looking not only for images of murals but also for interesting doorways 
and entries into businesses and residences along the way.







During our walk, we celebrated the many artists who have brought these buildings to life.


What a gift to the merchants and residents of this area.
As a treat, we dropped into the oldest Italian coffee shop on the Drive.
I have never tasted a more delicious cup of coffee.
Of course, it was enhanced by the proximity 
to Michelangelo's sculpture of David 
with his "junk" resting on my left shoulder!


This was the last one on our tour
and the signage was a little confusing!






No comments:

Post a Comment