Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Colour


I walked downtown this morning with hopes of catching the pilgrimage for "lost children". While I was waiting the the noon hour arrival, I sat in my favourite cafe and savoured an Americano with a tiny chocolate croissant. Buses and taxis rushed by this little oasis as I attempted some creative thinking! Hah!! Everything was percolating in my mind as I envisioned future paintings and drafted lines of poetry. Then I took a sip of coffee, almost inhaled a wasp and spilled the rest of the coffee on my white
pants! That's the second coffee spilled on those pants. The first was on the flight down here!


The owner kindly helped me to mop up before I made my way to the Cathedral. Sitting on a bench, I looked at the shop displays and had a rare moment of inspiration for the series of 5" square paintings
that I hope to finish while staying here. The pilgrimage never did pass my way but I did rediscover the
excitement of Mexican colour!

hammocks

flip-flops

fabrics

hats and fabrics

No comments:

Post a Comment