Monday, June 24, 2013

OMG!

OMG!!

I discovered an old punchcard from 2003 in my mouldy gym bag and decided to revisit the local swimming pool this morning for some much needed exercise! There is every possibility that I will not be able to get out of bed tomorrow morning!

My only exercise for the past two years has been walking(carrying groceries into the house from the car does not qualify as exercise). As a result I had not considered that swimming involves cooperation from the upper body. After one length of the pool I had to rest for five minutes. The only other swimmer in the pool, a woman around my age, smiled sympathetically and said that on her first visit to the pool she only managed 10 lengths. "How many do you do now" I foolishly asked. Her response was "80"!

Sixteen lengths later, with long rests at both ends, I sank gratefully into the hot tub beside her. My shoulders screamed, my neck felt as though something was dislocated and I couldn't lift my arms.
"You did great!" she said. "See you on Wednesday?"

No comments:

Post a Comment