Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Cafe des Artistes


On Friday evening we were included in an invitation to have dinner at Cafe des Artistes. This is a restaurant that I have admired from the outside for several years but never thought that it was an affordable option for us.


Exterior of Cafe des Artistes

Much to my surprise, after entering into the restaurant, we were led up some stairs and into a courtyard garden with fully grown trees. It was a beautiful setting! Our group consisted of three Italian women (one was Camilla, our hostess), myself and our two friends. Unfortunately John had succumbed to a chest BUG and was not well enough to join us.

With encouragement from our hostess I enjoyed an appetizer of one dozen fresh raw oysters. For the main course I chose lamb osobuco. Everything was delicious and the conversation was very interesting. I was seated beside Stephania Ciccone, a retired professor of Italian studies at UBC. She entertained me with stories of her family history while Camilla provided humorous tales from across the table. It was a great evening at a wonderful restaurant.


Camilla and Stephania

No comments:

Post a Comment