Sunday, September 10, 2017

TGFTO!


Thank God for Toaster Ovens!
The food was ready...brie stuffed salmon for baking, veggies for roasting...and the doorbell rang. Our dinner guests had arrived and I still couldn't figure out how to operate my sister's oven. I pushed "BAKE" and it fed me a message about a fan not cooling. I repeatedly cancelled everything and tried again...no luck. 

Fortunately my sister has a lovely little toaster oven on the backyard patio that she used during the heat of summer. I moved the salmon onto a pan that fit the small oven and transferred the veggies into a smaller dish. The meal was a success! I will never live without a toaster oven!!


Our guests arrived with a beautiful floral arrangement and were very understanding of the delay in dinner delivery. It wasn't until later in the evening that I realised that it had been many months since I had attempted to cook a meal in an oven!

Today was harvest time for tomatoes in the garden...some were chopped up and frozen for winter soups and sauces...some were added to a Greek salad and the precious little yellow cherry tomatoes were eaten like candy. There are still some green ones on the vines. If they don't ripen we will have fried green tomatoes in the future.

Now that we have settled in one spot for a while our discussions are becoming more serious about where we want to find a new home. For the summer months we were considering Langley...but, now we are uncertain about this area due to the crime statistics. Vancouver Island is another possibility as our daughter just moved to Comox and one of my sisters is moving to Campbell River. Fortunately there is no pressure to make a decision...it has only been 21 months of homelessness!!

No comments:

Post a Comment