Thursday, February 1, 2018

February 1, 2018


OMG...it is February already! I am battling my way through another head cold...or is it the first one that refused to leave my body without a final attack on my nasal passages. Painting on No. 7 has stalled. Energy levels have dropped. The weather has taken a cloudy turn which boosts humidity and lowers my energy even further. I didn't mean for this to be a major "whine"...but...painting No. 8 is waiting for brush strokes so I really need to feel better soon.

Our host has accomplished great culinary successes in my absence from the kitchen. Last night we had bbq'd lamb chops, dolmades, Greek salad and potatoes. The night before was roast chicken with gravy, mashed potatoes and peas. Fortunately I have been able to enjoy the flavours of his creations.

On the bright side, we have booked our next trip to Greece for September-November 2018. There were finally enough points/miles accumulated to cover most of the cost for two return airfares. The surprise additional cost was seat selection with British Airways! OUCH! The cost of each seat is determined by the desirability of its location in the plane! Beware!

Every morning I spend 30-50 minutes on Duolingo with Greek lessons. Still not sure whether I am learning Greek or being conditioned by the program for appropriate responses. Anyone who has learned another language will understand what I mean. I have no one to speak the language with...no one to engage in a conversation with...and I have a senior's brain!!


No comments:

Post a Comment