Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Final Aegean swim?


John is learning the many intricacies of backgammon
from a series of young teachers.


Anton, from Paris, is his latest teacher.
At four years of age he has many tricks!

It is a rare windless day in Chora...maybe on the entire island! I decided that I should have my final swim at Agia Anna. It has always been my dream to imagine the beach to myself...not another soul in sight!  And...it finally happened. I was alone with the sea at my feet. The water was like silk...so cool and refreshing. I floated out and looked up at the monastery on the hillside. I listened to the tinkling of goat bells in the distance. Then I started to have doubts...what if something happened to me?...what if I had a heart attack?...what if an octopus grabbed my toe?...maybe I should head for shore? The old adage “be careful what you wish for!” popped into my head. Of course nothing happened and I totally enjoyed my time in the water.

Later we joined Theo and Mata for our final meal at Jazzmin...pesto pasta and Horta...delicious!...with a glass of wine. Today is the last day that Jazzmin will be open during the day until next spring. They will continue to open in the evenings through winter. 

After the meal and the wine...it is time for a late afternoon nap!


No comments:

Post a Comment