Thursday, September 5, 2019

Too much driving and revisiting Mike


We just had two consecutive days of travel into the big city...I have had enough of this driving...at least until next month! Tuesday morning took us to UBC for an appointment with Dr. Chin, an Orthopedic surgeon, to see about John's chronically dislocated shoulder. He explained that surgery would be a possibility ...but...should not be considered until after John's other health issues have stabilized.

Yesterday morning's drive took us in to 41st Avenue and Cambie for an appointment with John's GP for a "Health Review"...or so we thought. It turned out to be a standard appointment that was very similar to the one we had last week ...nothing new!...WTF!

We left the car at Oakridge and took the Canada Line downtown to visit with Fetiye, our young Turkish friend, at Breka Cafe. She is an assistant manager at the Cafe and planning a trip to Turkey in September. Of course she offered to take us along in her luggage ...and we were tempted!

From there we walked down to my hairdresser where I enjoyed a long overdue haircut while John sat in the sun and observed a variety of local driving techniques. After all this excitement we hopped back on the Canada Line to relocate our vehicle and endured a lengthy drive back to Langley with a short stop at my sister's home to water the plants.

Whew!...enough driving!



On my walk this morning I was greeted enthusiastically by Mike, our local street artist...pumping my hand and thanking me for contacting the newspaper about his stolen art supplies. I was so upset when I heard about the theft that I contacted the newspaper and suggested that the community might want to support him with funds to replenish his supplies of paint and brushes. Apparently the police managed to locate the wagon that he uses to carry his supplies in. So...the newspaper is advertising a fund raising opportunity for him! How wonderful is that!!! Mike is a recovered alcoholic who paints every day as part of his therapy to help maintain mental stability.

No comments:

Post a Comment