Thursday, October 31, 2019

Halloween walk


An afternoon walk on October 31st introduced me to several of Langley City's inhabitants. 
My first stop was at Penny Pincher Thrift store to examine the volunteers' costumes.


They were entertaining each other while sorting through
the huge mounds of donated clothing.

As I carried on down the sidewalk I greeted Mike, our resident street artist. He began quizzing me about Christmas with questions like "Do you celebrate Christmas?" and "Do you put up decorations?" I replied that we "sort of" celebrated Christmas and that we do not put up decorations anymore. He seemed distressed with this news and handed me one of his paintings to decorate our home!


"You guys are always so supportive!" he exclaimed..."I want you to have one of my paintings."
I was not sure what happened to the elf in the painting and didn't want to ask Mike in case he told me that Santa had killed the elf!

As I was leaving he said that I should pop in to see Crazy Bob because he was wearing a skirt today!
So...I wandered into Crazy Bob's to discover that he was indeed wearing a crinoline over his pants and he was happy to pose for a photo. 


While we chatted about his renewed interest in drawing he showed me a recently completed colored sketch that he decided was homo-erotic! Hmmmh!

I love this town!


No comments:

Post a Comment