Saturday, June 27, 2020

Tomatoes and a reunion



Our patio garden is producing a massive amount of tomatoes!
Although the plant was purchased with the hope of yielding GRAPE tomatoes,
these green globes could be growing into beefsteak size!

Today brought special visitors to Langley enroute from Salmon Arm to Vancouver Island. Karen and Cherie joined me for lunch and a wonderful reunion visit almost five years after we moved from Salmon Arm. We even indulged in "verboten" hugs. I still have a smile on my face!

The three of us were part of a Women's discussion group that gathered together 3-4 times a year to share good food, laughter and interesting topics. On a couple of occasions we travelled together and risked sleepless nights on lumpy beds with loud snoring...only to wake up the next day to smile at each other and resume chattering.

I still miss my friends...but feel grateful for wonderful memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment