Sunday, March 7, 2021

Gastro procedures

So, I received a call on Friday evening from the Gastro Doctor asking me if I would be available on Monday morning for my Gastroscopy and Colonoscopy. She had a cancellation. As I had expected to wait until April, I immediately accepted and started to adjust my diet. Today is clear liquids until 4:00pm when I will try to drink 2 liters of the obnoxious liquid that was prescribed. From that point on I will be positioned either close to or on the toilet! Since my procedure is scheduled for 8:00am, I have to drink the remaining 2 liters around 2:00am. Arrival at Abbotsford Hospital is supposed to be 7:30am. There is no adjustment in the amount of obnoxious liquid for the weight of the patient!! John, when he weighed 200 pounds, swallowed the same amount! Haven't figured out how to wake myself for the 2:00am bout. Might be easier to stay awake...or maybe I will not have a choice. Update to follow.


No comments:

Post a Comment