Thursday, May 19, 2022

Cataracts and toenails

 

Ah!...this aging process is fraught with challenges. Cataract surgery for my RIGHT eye is scheduled for tomorrow. This involves a complex system of administering three different eye drops for a varied number of days...starting two days before surgery! So...I designed a special calendar for the five week period and yesterday morning I dropped the first drop into the LEFT eye! My mistake was easily explained by the placement of the three vials on the lefthand side of my table! So...I moved the vials to the righthand side of the table and, as an extra precaution, made a large sign that reads RIGHT! it seems to be working so far.

An additional complication will happen in two weeks when surgery is scheduled for the other eye. a second calendar will have to sit on the left side of the table with three new vials for the LEFT eye! It is a good thing that I do not entertain because guests would be subjected to my pharmaceutical table of contents!

A visit to the podiatrist yesterday confirmed that the large toenail on my left foot has a fungal infection. He prescribed a solution to paint on the toenail every night for one year! My pharmacist said "This is quite expensive!...$124 for one month of applications". I was stunned! He explained that it would probably last for more than one month because I was only painting one toenail! Can a fungal toenail kill you?

No comments:

Post a Comment