Monday, October 24, 2022

October 24 Update

 

It has been a busy time since arriving back in Canada. The next day, on October 12th, my youngest sister had her second surgery to remove a brain tumor that had regrown since the first surgery one year ago. She was released the next day and is doing well. For the next 11 days she stayed with my other sister who lives close to me.

We shared special time together with walks, talks, meals, shopping and napping during her recovery from surgery and my recovery from jet lag. On Friday, October 21st, she had a CT scan to check for bleeds and on Sunday, October 23rd, she ferried back to Campbell River.

I also returned to my volunteer position at Penny Pincher, a Langley Hospital Auxiliary Thrift store. It was fun to reunite with my co-workers. Most of us are either near or over the age of 70 and enjoy the opportunity to make a contribution to the hospital and to our community.

Now we are anticipating the arrival of a grand baby at the end of this month. Adrian and Marika will soon be delivering a grandson...a little Maxwell will join the clan!





No comments:

Post a Comment