Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Sitting in Burnaby


On Saturday we drove from Salmon Arm to Burnaby to house and pet sit for my sister. They flew to Las Vegas on Sunday and I was left administering to the demands of four males.

John was flat on his back with swollen feet, knees and wrist...again!! As it was the long weekend, we had to wait until this morning to contact the Doctor and pharmacy for a much needed prescription. He can't walk or move around because of the pain so meds, water, juice, food, pillow adjustments are required 24/7. It is after noon and we are still waiting to hear from the Doctor!!

On my way upstairs to check on John at 2:30am this morning, I stumbled around the offerings of the second male in the household. Lucky is a very large, long haired black cat who is prone to regurgitating massive hairballs when he isn't demanding treats from the kitchen cupboard every five minutes! The hairballs usually leave trails of mess as he tries to distance himself from the unsavoury remains! I decided that the cleanup could wait until a more civilized time of day.

The third male, Rocky is a big furry dog who takes turns humping my leg and begging for food from the table. Sometimes he gets so excited that he manages to do an acrobatic "air-hump". Kookie-kong is his favourite thing and he drops it on my toes(heavy rubber vessel that holds an inserted cookie) with a pleading look several times a day. In the past he loved to go for walks but in his more senior years he isn't interested in going beyond the front lawn property lawn. Of course his lack of interest in "pooping" beyond the confines of his own yard has increased my labour dramatically with daily scoops. Probably marginally better than bagging the poop from neighbours' lawns!

The fourth male is almost assuredly a dead mouse!! My sister rescued "Otto" (or is it "Auto") from the garage two years ago. She placed him in a hamster cage where he has occupied his nights doing endless spins in the wheel. Unfortunately he isn't spinning these days and I am afraid that he isn't even breathing! I put fresh water into his small receptacle every day just in case he is still capable of drinking. I haven't seen his little pink nose or skinny tail once in three days!

I really hope that my sister is having a great time!! Fortunately she took the other two males from the household with her!


No comments:

Post a Comment