Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Quite a week!

It has been quite a week. The surgery was successful but the aftermath resulted in a six night hospital stay instead of a two night stay. Lab tests indicated low hemoglobin so my patient had a blood transfusion on Friday, his INR remained low over the weekend and his electrolytes were wonky.

He was finally released yesterday and I am hopeful that he will recover quickly with a proper diet and a restful home. My sister's dog has been keeping him company. If allowed, he would gladly lick John's wound in a canine effort to help with the healing process.

The sun is shining and my patient will soon be signed up for a marathon!

1 comment:

  1. Glad he's doing better!
    Please give him our best!!!
    Liz had to have a blood transfusion after her 2nd one too! (ironic huh?)
    Happy Belated Birthday!!
    (not sure if you got my message yesterday)
    Do you have an address I can send your card to?
    Pretty please with sugar on top!! :))
    Much love from us all!
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete