Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mothers' Day


Today's greetings from my children were a reflection of the times. A card arrived from our daughter via the traditional means...Canada Post. Our son, who lives in New York, sent a warm facebook message. Telephone was the option for the other two, calling to wish me a happy Mothers' Day. All of the greetings were very welcome on this day as I recall memories with my mother.


 May 1944

My mother was 17 years old when she married in June 1943. My father was about to be shipped overseas in August, toward the end of the war, and their marriage was urgently scheduled. In May of the following year, at the age of 18 years, she gave birth to me.

They had shared two months of marriage and it was unknown whether or not he would return.

No comments:

Post a Comment