Sunday, May 18, 2014

What a birthday!


What a birthday!!


John arrived home on Thursday afternoon with a gorgeous bouquet of roses.



On Friday morning we visited Java Jive for coffee. 
My favourite cranberry oatmeal muffin was served with a flaming candle.  



Jo and Allison serenaded me (how embarrassing) with "Happy Birthday".

After a wharf walk to check the osprey nest (the geese have abandoned the nest so the osprey pair have reclaimed their territory) we arrived home to find a birthday package at the front door. Diana left a gift of Oprah's Chai Tea. "Teavana and Oprah invite you to take a few moments to pause and reflect each day. Your own personal steep time." It smells delicious!!

My sisters arrived around noon, bringing a huge gift...a reconditioned clothes dryer!! What a pair! They managed to heft it into the house, move the old one (purchased 44 years ago by my parents) out of the laundry room and hook up the new one. They are amazing!!


The next day we loaded the old dryer into my sister's vehicle and
dropped it at Scrappy's, west of town.


After lunch Karen arrived with an absolutely beautiful floral arrangement.
I am truly blessed with loving sisters and friends!

The day wasn't over!

 

After lunch we toured the downtown streets
and stopped in at the Art Gallery to explore the "Storytelling" exhibition.

It had been my intention to photograph all of the events of my special day...but...I forgot to take photos of our dinner at Al Diamo. Wow!! It was so delicious!!...crab stuffed mushrooms, Italian salad and Fettucini Toscano (scallops & prawns in a creamy sundried tomato sauce). OMG!!! Dorothy and I shared a litre of red wine which resulted in a sleepless night but every bite and sip was worth it!

Thank you to all of my family and friends
for the cards, calls and gifts.
You made my transition into this new decade much easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment