Tuesday, September 13, 2016

B.C. Hydro -1963


I entered this building for the first time in 1963.


I was wearing a dress that my mother had bought at Army & Navy for $5.00. 
It was the day of my first job interview and I couldn't stop shaking.

Surprisingly, I was hired for a drafting position 
in the Home Lighting Department of B.C. Hydro.

I had never seen a drafting table or held a drafting pencil
or drawn a floor plan... but... I learned quickly.

Today, 53 years later, the building has been converted
into condominiums. I wonder if the residents ever hear
the whir of an electric eraser or the scratch of pencil on paper.
When the elevator dings in the morning and mid-afternoon
 can they hear Ellie pushing her coffee cart down the hallway?

Good memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment