Saturday, August 26, 2017

Busy week


We have had a busy week. John signed up at the local gym and I have made trips to the Community Garden every second day to provide nourishment for the herbs and veggies. We have also been ensuring that the home garden is watered every evening.

Adrian arrived on Wednesday for two nights and prepared a delicious dinner for us. He also tried to teach his father the intricacies of using "Spotify"to select musical options on his iPad.


The results were hilarious....as his father refused to accept our song choices 
and kept interfering with the musical flow!

On Friday we took Adrian to the ferry at Long Harbour and welcomed my sisters to the island for a six hour visit. Barb's Buns supplied a delicious lunch before we attempted to find the cabin that we had occupied fifteen years ago. It wasn't until we returned to the house and checked online that we found the location...nowhere near our search area!

Saturday Market is a weekly event in Ganges that attracts hordes of islanders and "blow-ins" from the mainland. We headed into the town centre early this morning for coffee and John's gym session. While he was at the gym I wandered through the market stalls as they were setting up. Cranberry and white chocolate scones caught my eye...and...fresh, juicy figs! I also discovered Stephanie Denz...my favourite Saltspring artist in her stall. What a treat to talk with her about her process and some of her pieces. Unable to afford an original, I did purchase a print of "Tea Time"!!





From the market I walked across to Black Sheep Books and found a section on Saltspring Poets. "Anything but the Moon" by George Sipos looked like a gift that John would appreciate so I took it to the cashier who questioned me about why I had chosen this particular book. I explained that a brief overview of his poems struck a cord with me. She replied "Oh good! He's my husband! Now I can tell him that I sold some of his words today!"

Our friends are returning to Saltspring tomorrow so our housesitting will come to an end. We plan to ferry back to Vancouver Island on Monday for a quick peek at the freshly painted walls and new furnishings in Comox. From there we will travel across to Powell River and down to Gibsons for a couple of nights before returning to Cloverdale.

Saltspring has been wonderful!





No comments:

Post a Comment