Wednesday, September 26, 2018

8-9 Beaufort


There are two ferries docked in the Bay at Katapola...unable to sail because of the winds which are still at 8-9 Beaufort. Our apartment floor was littered with leaves and dirt when we returned last night...blowing in under the doors. It is cool but not cold and there is no rain arriving with the wind...much to the distress of the locals. The island is extremely dry.


The wind will continue to batter the island from the north until the weekend when it will change direction and send pink sand from the desert! During our last visits we have woken to find a thin layer of pink sand covering the steps.

There are very few spots that are protected from the wind where I can sit to draw...so...it will be another lazy day...reading...and reading...and reading! My current book is “The Secret History” by Donna Tartt...a bit draggy!

1 comment:

  1. Hi to you and John .It sounds like a wonderful time! I am working hard at the cafe .I saved the customers from soapy coffee yesterday. Yikes! Someone had soaked the carafe and not rinsed them properly .I got to work and poured myself a coffee and it was incredibly soapy . Gross .I had just poured a cup for a customer so I quickly went and took it from her .Lol .anyways life goes on here and I continue to look ahead .miss you both .

    ReplyDelete