Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Bare body swim!


There is an international free diving competition on the island this week. It commemorates the 30th anniversary of filming for “The Big Blue” movie. Unfortunately, strong winds have forced the cancellation of diving today so the cafes are full of frustrated divers who are forced to sip coffee and relive their previous dives with embellished stories.

Yesterday I treated my pasty, aging white body to exposure on a secluded beach. My companion has a gorgeous bronzed body after a summer of visitations to this beach so I was very self conscious but she was apparently blind to my bodily defects! It was wonderful! I swam between huge rocks into the sea, floating in the sun while she dove like a dolphin. Fortunately there are no photos of this excursion!

1 comment: