Tuesday, October 3, 2023

COVID cont’d

 Well, let me state that this is not fun! Fever, headaches, stuffed up and now the extreme sore throat has started. It is impossible to imagine how many times, in just one hour, a person swallows! And how painful it can be! Honeyed herbal teas are all I can manage right now.

My friends have brought me everything I could possibly need including an oximeter for measuring my oxygen levels. On the table in front of me I have Kleenex, paracetamol, panadol extra, depón, propolis throat spray, effervescent Vitamin C tablets as well as the emergency supplies I brought from home.

Mata, a dear friend, brought me pasta with homemade sauce which I am unable to eat. If you know me well, you know that I love pasta in any shape, form, flavour.

Theo has been bringing me honeyed herbal tea from his cafe in the mornings and has offered to bring anything I want…maybe scrambled eggs this morning would slide downs easily.

When I could keep my eyes open I finished reading The Time in Between and A River Runs Through It. The next one waiting on my table is A Farewell to Arms by Hemingway. Not exactly uplifting. Thankfully I have Netflix for respite from reading.

Meanwhile the sun is shining, the days are gorgeous and I am grateful to my friends for their support.

View from my kitchen window 


No comments:

Post a Comment