Friday, October 6, 2023

Recovering

 

Yesterday I visited the medical centre in Chora and was examined by a Doctor who appeared to be around 14 years old! He was so young! On these islands the doctors change every year and seem younger every year. After a thorough examination of my BP, heart, lungs and throat he declared that I was in great shape although still testing positive for Covid. He explained that there was no protocol anymore for isolating and I was free to wander around. Apparently Covid is now considered to be just another flu type virus.

I was ecstatic to be free but also concerned for my friends so I joined them for coffee but kept my distance. My euphoria was short lived as my energy level dropped and I rested for most of the afternoon. An early night and a good sleep helped immensely.

Today I shared time with many friends, again at a safe distance, as they are leaving the island tomorrow. They will be missed during my final week on Amorgos but others, who prefer the island in October, are arriving.


It is pomegranate and wine making season. 






No comments:

Post a Comment