Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Infinity

I couldn't resist taking a photo of last night's sunset reflected in our neighbour's infinity pool. What an amazing sight!

This morning I headed out early to capture bus stop photos for the next series of paintings. Hobbling down the aged cobbled road, I was surprised to see a torch bearer running toward me! Had the Olympic flame lost its way between Saskatchewan and Alberta? A cavalcade of pickup trucks followed behind with uniformed youngsters cheering the runner. Maybe they were celebrating the potential influx of tourists from Vancouver next month?! I later discovered, from Don Beto, that they were taking turns running from a church in PV to Guadalajara. When I asked why (por que), he looked at me with a frown, rubbed his forehead, and decided that I wouldn't understand the explanation. He said simply porque(because)!

Huge waves crashed into shore last night and wiped out a lot of the beachside cafes. A few shops were flooded and many locals were attempting to sweep out the sand and water this morning. This is the second time since our arrival that they have experienced such high waters.

1 comment:

  1. what a candy-colored dream.

    oh how i wish we were among the influx of olympics-dodging vancouverites down there in feb!

    ReplyDelete