Saturday, October 9, 2010

Arkesini and south


Yesterday we headed to the southern end of the island to check out the beach. Cold wind from the north blew us along the beach as we wandered among the goats. No one else was in sight.


On the return, we stopped in Arkesini for a late lunch at Maruso. The owner was a friend and former student of Jehane and Molly's so we shared some of her stories (ie) she talked in Greek and I translated to John! How hilarious is this?! Because she simplified her stories, I was actually able to follow along!

We requested a small sample of wine from Arkesini that was made from sundried grapes! Too sweet!...but it would be very delicious as a dessert wine.

As I said before, the island is almost empty. Tomorrow I will make cabbage rolls, stuffed potatoes and a chocolate/apple/rum cake for our small group.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad that you two are enjoying some down time and reconnecting with old and dear friends!

    ReplyDelete