Saturday, October 2, 2010

Aegiali



The beach at Aegiali.

Finally! It was time for John to get his feet wet! We drove to the beach at Aegiali yesterday and he was coaxed into the water. It was a lengthy process, with much muttering, but he was finally submerged in the Aegean Sea!! Bravo!!

During the afternoon, it was obvious that I had fallen victim to a cold virus that had swept through our group. An afternoon nap felt good.

Looking into Karamel at Kallyroi and Armelle.

Later we joined a group for dinner at Karamel, our friend Armelle's Cafe. She opened in June in the Xylokeratidi end of Katapola. Her Cafe is unusual because she cooks a different dish each day, in the French tradition. Last night we had two choices: beef tongue or vietnamese pork.

I realized when I stepped into the kitchen that I had made a mistake. Viewing the tongue before sampling was not a wise idea. It lay on a plate, shrunken and pasty from boiling. How could I convince myself to try it?!

Finally, I decided to try a small piece as well as having a serving of the vietnamese pork. The tongue was tender but reduced taste buds made it impossible to say whether I enjoyed the flavour. John and Theo thoroughly enjoyed full portions. The rest of the group ordered vietnamese pork.


No comments:

Post a Comment