Wednesday, August 31, 2011

The saga continues

My patient seems to have a recurring fever in the evenings...absolutely normal temperature during the day. Stuffed him into the back seat of the car again this morning and took him to the clinic where the Doctor diagnosed a bladder infection. Picked up antibiotics and hustled him home for a rest.

It is very difficult for him to get out of the car, easy getting him in...I just push him... but he won't let me pull him out!! I have now devised an ingenious setup in the back seat using a three part folding mattress, shiny side up that raises the elevation for him and gives him a slippery surface to slide his bum across! Genius!!

His Doctor called later to say that the surgeon wants to see him in Vernon tomorrow morning to further assess the incision. We'll test out my back seat revision at 8:30am!!

No comments:

Post a Comment