Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Paint the Town

This Saturday I will participate in the 7th and final "Paint the Town". In past years I have been able to select a location and preplan my paintings. This has worked very well. In the Parisienne style, this year the artists will gather to share a meal at the Art Gallery on the Friday evening before our "plein aire" paintathon. Following the meal, we will pull our locations from a hat. The expectation is that, with the surprise location in hand, we will create masterful paintings of our town the next day! What a scarey idea!!

Looking for support, I have been scouring my shelves of inspirational art books. This quotation seemed appropriate:

"Every painting should be a surprise journey with an unexpected ending."   Robert E. Wood

I was also heartened by this one:

"There are no mistakes. Where my brush goes, that is where I am today. And, I'm dancing in my own landscape."   interpreted from Fujo Kato, Sumi painter

So, I have decided to release myself to the unknown and embrace the unexpected. If you're out there on Saturday, looking over our shoulders, don't be surprised to see magic!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great day! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these quotes Lin! This was very inspirational, thanks. Shannon

    ReplyDelete