Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Day 3 at Hacienda Mosaico


One of the mosaic settings at Hacienda Mosaico

Day 3 was frustrating for me as I listened to Jesse and attempted to translate his style of painting onto one of the three canvases that I have started. Am image started to emerge on one canvas just before we transitioned to practicing some techniques on paper. Following that I couldn't refocus, felt lost and decided to wait until Day 4 to take a fresh look at everything. 

I am probably making excuses, but the challenge for me is keeping my momentum and energy going through his monologues, demos and exercises as well as combining hand painting with brushes & oil pastels. Whew!...and all of this on an unstretched 30" x 39" canvas. That's a lot of space to fill!! John finally gave in to an urge and planted a big foot print on one of his canvases. Not sure if that was an expression of his frustration or if he was just having fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment