Thursday, June 18, 2015

Artist Talk


Today was the "Artist Talk" at the gallery. Our friend Arlene arrived from Vancouver with her parents who live in Kelowna. They wanted to see the exhibition and hear my presentation. We had a lovely visit over lunch before heading to the gallery. 


I was slightly nervous at first but my words were welcomed by a sea of friendly faces in the audience and inquisitive faces from the wall behind me!


Visitors were invited to write a short story inspired by one of the pieces. Everyone wandered around to select a photo-painting and a coffee/cookie before sitting to write. Afterwards the stories were shared aloud and I gave a brief history of the characters and settings for the pieces they had selected.


Nicky read her story while being watched by the "underwater ladder climbers"!




No comments:

Post a Comment