Sunday, June 26, 2016

Aquatic Centre


Forty years ago I bought a membership to the Vancouver Aquatic Centre. Over the next year I managed to teach myself how to swim...face in water with goggles firmly in place...I slowly extended the length of my swimming to 20 laps in this Olympic sized pool. I was very proud of my accomplishment and my conditioning!

Today(20 pounds heavier and 40 years older) I revisited the facility, strapped on new goggles and entered the pool. After 14 lengths of assorted swim techniques (that did not require the use of goggles) my body was tired. It was enough for today. As holder of a 10 visit pass, I hope to gradually submerge my face in the pool again and attempt the "crawl" rather than today's cautionary surface crawl from end to end! 

No comments:

Post a Comment