Tuesday, September 13, 2022

Finding quiet places

Serendipity played a role yesterday when I wandered into a small taverna on a side street and met someone I had not seen for 18 years! She owned a small hotel on Rhodes where John and I stayed many times. We shared hugs and promised to have dinner together when I return in October.

Athens is overrun with tourists. The streets , cafes and restaurants are crowded. Every table has hand sanitizer and masks are requested indoors. Fortunately most of life takes place outside. The early part of my day involved finding quiet, shaded places for breakfast, lunch and drawing. I was pleased to learn that access is free to the Archeological Museum cafe and a bottle of water is only 50 cents. Outdoor seating is lovely. So far I have managed to find small places away from the crowds.

Friends have invited me to join them for dinner after their shop closes at 9:00pm but I am not sure that my internal clock and jetlag will cooperate. That is a decision for later. Now it is nap time.

No comments:

Post a Comment