Friday, September 16, 2022

Restaurants, tavernas and cafes




This year there are many more options for eating in Chora but most of them will close at the end of September and remain closed until next Easter.
I have two favourites…Parvas and Fotodotis. The food is always traditional, nothing fancy and it is grown, cooked and served by the families. The 
portions are too large for a single diner so I have leftovers from the last two nights in my fridge…just right for lunches. Every morning I walk up the pathway to Jazzmin, the Cafe/Bar owned by my friends, for a daily coffee. The seating is shared with the Cafe cats, food is prepared in the underground kitchen and coffees are prepared by Theo.

Yesterday I drove to Vroutsi, a small village in the south of the island to visit with my friend Kalliroi. She lives in a lovely home at the far edge of the village with her cat. After a short visit we drove to a small private beach for a lovely nude swim…not another soul in sight! In the sandy portion of the beach we discovered a treasure trove of sea glass to bring back for my sister. Afterward, in the public beach area, we sat in the shade with homemade cheese pies and enjoyed the breeze. It is very hot these days with a constant wind from the south that helps to cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment