Thursday, October 23, 2014

October 23 - Day 6


Neither of us slept well in the cabin. It felt airless and from my position in the top bunk, I couldn't dislodge my tongue from the roof of my mouth!! The bottle of water was below and I didn't want to risk a descent on the ladder until my bladder called!


We arrived just before daybreak on Kos and had to wait until 7:30am for the first coffee shop to open.  I remembered a place that sold the very best bougatsa...it opened at 8:00am and we were served fresh, warm pastries. By 9:00am the travel offices were open and we learned that our boat was cancelled because of the wind. The next one would leave at 3:00am tomorrow.

A decision was made to find rooms for the day so we could nap, shower and have a few hours of sleep before the ferry. We found a simple hotel with 20 eauro rooms and settled down for a nap. Later, on our walkabout we discovered a new cafe/bar that features exhibits of local artists and met Anastasia, the young owner.


John decided to add a touch of poetic graffiti!!

We introduced Theo to the Anastasia and met up with him later for dinner before buying boat tickets for the morning. Our arrival on Tilos will be at 5:45am!! Off to bed for four hours!

No comments:

Post a Comment