Saturday, November 8, 2014

Soul food!


I enjoyed my first pedicure today in Aegiali while Elpida played with my feet and painted my toenails a shocking brown/burgundy colour. I was only slightly ticklish.

Tonight we shared a wonderful meal with 10 others from Greece, Holland, France and Germany. Mata made a delicious veggie/cheese pie. Stephanos brought homemade humous, wood fire smoked aubergine salad and grilled peppers. Elena made a salad with pomegranate, avocado, orange and lettuce. My contribution was Amaretto chicken, rice and stir fried ginger broccoli.


Irini, Mata & Elena help in the kitchen

It was one of the best meals we have shared. Armelle & Thomas are leaving for France in the morning. We will leave on Monday morning. Liz will head back to Holland on Thursday and the others will spend the winter here.


After dinner we gathered outside to watch an amazing light show as the skies finally collided 
after strong winds all day. Lightning and thunder all around us!!


We raced home before the pathway became a river of rain water!!




No comments:

Post a Comment