Sunday, April 14, 2013

Agia Anna beach



Agia Anna

The wind started to blow again this morning and I wondered if I had missed my first opportunity for a swim at Agia Anna. Yesterday was a perfect day but we were busily visiting with friends and I let the afternoon hours slip away. This often happens on Amorgos!

Determined to give it a try, we drove down to the parking area and walked down the many steps toward the beach. The sea was becoming "white capped" and we were almost blown off the path. John perched at the top of the final descent and I picked my way down to the Stoney beach. I caught a glimpse of two naked brown bums as they disappeared around a rock. Their towels were spread on the beach. Usually the nude beach is on the other side but since it isn't tourist season yet, I guess they decided to take advantage of the empty space! Up to my ankles in the water, I realized that I wasn't brave enough. Not only was it very cold but also the wave action was sucking the stones away each time the wave receded. I wasn't sure that I would be able to get out without being damaged!

There will be many more days to tackle the sea. Even stronger winds are predicted for tomorrow so it's possible that the ferries will be halted.


No comments:

Post a Comment